Saturday, April 4, 2020

Week 8 pt2

Hello guys! I am back and I am so excited to tell you guys about my progress with the CCR. Last post I talked about the fact that we finished the film opening and I discussed some changes that we made to the final cut so if you missed that post check it out and then come back to this one. now on to where you actually came to hear about. I have actually started filming my CCR (finally) and I can't tell you how excited I am about how it's coming out. Last week in my three blog Saga I talked about the fact that I had some concerns with the lighting and where I was going to put my camera in order to fill my CCR but yesterday I actually figured out the perfect spot where I can put the ring light and place my phone. but, to give this blog some structure for a change I want to focus on three main things in this blog. 1.How I'm going to actually film my CCR ( lights, Camera, location), 2.The content of the CCR, 3.The structure of the CCR.


How I'm going to film my CCR:

So in one of my blogs I discussed the fact that I had no tripod to put my phone in and I obviously can't leave my house to buy one. I had considered ordering one from Amazon and possibly using that but, because we're in the middle of a worldwide pandemic Amazon Prime is only available for essential materials and I'm pretty sure a tripod is not essential. The delivering dates for those would be for Mid April slash mid-may So that obviously was not going to work for me. I searched my house high and low for things that would prompt my phone at the perfect angle where I would be able to draw and write and I can very happily say that I found just the right thing. I realized. It would be a lot easier for me to have my paper be on the floor because I could use a table rather than a bottle to prop my phone. This would be a lot sturdier and secure. so I found a good coffee table That wasn't too high or too low where I could place my phone in the corner of the table and be able to film. This location in my house was perfect because it allowed me to place my ring light right in front of my paper, my phone on the coffee table and my computer right next to my phone where I can read off of my script and follow my guide so I wouldn't be completely lost when drawing.


The content of the CCR:

So as far as the content of the CCR, I won't go into too much depth on this blog just because I already talked about it before and I'm already disgusting in my CCR so I see no point in repeating it again. so like I said in my previous blog I want to mainly focus on How I grew through this project and take you guys step-by-step through what my thought process was all the way from the beginning to this week when I found out we finished the project. I definitely want to discuss all of the stepbacks and problems that we've had while trying to finish this project as well as the big elephant in the room, having to film while in quarantine. I also want to focus a lot on the technical aspects of the projects such as editing, location, casting, set design, and costume design.


The structure of the CCR:

Just like my teacher advised all of us to do, I have created/I am working on A script for my CCR. Because my CCR will be a voice over video I really want to make sure that I create a script so that I can film all the drawing first, Edit that, and then go back in and simply to the voice over while watching the edited film. So what I am doing is creating a “guide” that is basically a timeline of this project. This is basically helping me narrow down the really important parts of the project so that I don't Ramble On and On. After I have created the timeline I can go back and right what I need to say in each of those events in the timeline. I already filmed part of my intro to the CCR where I'm just basically welcoming everybody and setting up the backstory for the project. The basic structure that I have for the project thus far is basically an introduction, picking a genre, merging with Isabella, question one, question 2, question 3, question 4, ending. I want to try to keep this CCR as light and fun as possible just because I feel like that's how I’ve done most of my blogs and that's how I tried to go about filming. With that being said however, I do understand that I am required to talk about the specific things within my CCR so there will be seriousness and structure with it. I just want to make sure that I am having fun and enjoying the process of it.




I really thought that this whole idea of filming a “Draw my CCR” was going to be a struggle and very stressful and while it has been very stressful and I have been struggling a lot, now that I was finally able to at least film 30 seconds of the CCR I'm starting to get excited because it is looking kind of how I wanted it to look. I'm excited to be able to finish this and show you guys What I've been working on for the past 2 months. Bellow I will leave some pictures of what I am working with and how I set up my phone in-order to film. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...