Friday, April 3, 2020

Week 8 pt 1

Hello hello! I feel like I haven't been on here in ages since the last time I posted was one week ago. One week too long! I am sorry to have kept you waiting, but worry no more, I am here and I come bearing good news for a change. Before I start with an update on my CCR, I want to give you some updates on the film opening. With all the joy in the world, I couldn't be happier to finally announce that Isabella and I are officially done with all the filming and editing of the film opening. After 8 weeks of hard work, dedication, tears, and a lot of stress we are finally done with everything. This moment is very Bittersweet for us because with everything that happened while we were in the process of filming and creating this project, we never thought that we would be able to get to this point and be successful. I can definitely say that this project has made me grow and mature a lot more than I ever thought a project would or could. It is very weird for me, at least, to talk about a project this way but everything that I said thus far and in every single one of my blogs trying to really get my point across about how this project has really changed me is all very true. I can't wait for everyone to be able to see what we've created and I hope that everyone that is able to see it can enjoy it as much as we did when we created it. However, I did want to share some tiny changes that we decided to include in the final cut of the project. 
As you guys know, a big part of our project was the inclusion of the song by Miley Cyrus and her father because of the meaning and the backstory that it would give us for our project. Early on I discussed in one of my blogs that we made the decision of changing the song due to copyright and permission issues and decided to use a copyright friendly instrumental song by Jason Shaw. Another change in the film opening was the presentation of the credits. In one of my earlier blogs I discussed that we wanted to try to use two different types of fonts to represent the two very different types of main characters in our story. For Avaley, we wanted to use a pretty pink princess-y type of font and for Damien, we wanted to use a very straight and black font. This would be representing the innocence and simplicity of Avaley and the seriousness of Damien. While this idea seemed perfect on paper and we really felt that it would help to further explain the contrast between these two characters, it didn't really look great on film. We ran into two main problems when trying to incorporate this into our film opening; one of them being that it was really hard to find the actual font that we wanted to use for each character, and the other problem being that it was looking messy and taking the seriousness away from our shots. After asking for some advice from Isabella's older sister who has done this before and is extremely talented in these types of things, we came to the conclusion that using a plain white straight font would be the best route for us. The reason that we chose this font was because it created a sense of seriousness, which represented Damian, while still including that simplicity and innocence from Avaley’s part. These two changes are really the main and biggest changes that we made to our opening. In the end, I am extremely happy with what we have produced given our circumstances. I couldn't be prouder of what we were able to create. With that being said, I really have to thank Isabella for all of her hard work and dedication. Never in the entirety of the project did she give up on me or decide that she was going to do things on her own, which I am very thankful for. She really understood my vision and did everything that she could to make sure that what I was trying to get across was being represented in the film and for that I am extremely thankful. As I am writing this blog, I realize that I rambled on for too long, per usual. I don't want to make this go on for eternity therefore I will be including the updates on my CCR in tomorrow's blog. Anyway, thank you for listening and as always letting me express my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...