Thursday, March 26, 2020

Week 7 pt1

Hello hello, I hope that everyone is staying safe and inside! This blog is really going to be about my starting process of my CCR. When I started thinking about what I wanted to do for my CCR and how I wanted to presented, I decided to divide everything into three parts. As I have always done, I wanted to continue to keeping you guys updates on what my thought process is, how I am going about things, and what I want my finished product to look like. So, what I decided to do is write three different blogs on my thought process and the ideas that I had for my CCR. The first post will be this one where I will be talking about learning what the CCR entails and what my ideas for presenting are. The second post will be all about the content of the CCR, like the major points that I want to hit, the answers to the four questions required for the CCR, and just a general script to help myself get organized for the actual filming of the CCR. Lastly, the third post will be about the final idea for how I want to present the CCR. This will include behind the scenes of me trying to film it and just general tips and tricks that have work for me and helped facilitate the filming process.
Ok, so now that we got that out of the way, let's get into it shall we. So the first time that we really dove into the ins-and-outs of the CCR and what it entails was actually the last time I ever went to school which was around March 12th. When we talked about this, it really was sort of brief because in class we didn't have that much time so our teacher talked about the main points that we needed to hit in the CCR as well as some tips and tricks that she had seen work when producing a successful CCR. Today what I really wanted to discuss was some of the points that I took from her discussion in class. For starters, we talked about what the purpose of the CCR actually was which for me was really helpful because it allowed me to understand why we are required to do this which motivated me to produce something successful and of high-quality. The CCR really is for reflection as well as serving as an outlet for us, the creators, to be able to discuss some of the things that we weren't able to discuss for example in our blog or express some of the concerns that we had while filming the project, or even talk about some regrets that we had during filming. As far as the actual contents of the CCR, we learned that there were four main questions that needed to be answered during the entirety of the CCR in order for it to be a successful one. The first question being, how we challenged conventions and represent social groups or issues within our film opening. This is where we talked about our genre and why we did or did not challenge the conventions of it, as well as discuss representation and why or why not we included it in our opening. Next, we need to discuss how our film opening engages with our audience and how we plan to distribute it in real media text. This is where we talked about our target audience and their trends of consumption within the Media as well as how we plan to make our film available to our audience. As I mentioned part of the CCR is to reflect back on our product and the toys that we made, one of the questions that we have to answer is how our skills developed as we were producing this project. Lastly, we need to talk about how we integrated technology into our project. The main tip that our teacher gave us for tackling our CCR was to make a script and really think out and write out what we're going to say and how we're going to stay it that way we don't confuse ourselves or confuse the people watching or CCR. That is one of the main things that I will be working on this week, creating my script and sort of a guideline of what I actually want to say and when I want to say it. As far as how I want to present my CCR and how I can make it creative and fun to watch, I have come up with sort of one main idea of how I want to do this. As I have been self quarantine for a week and a half now I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos and this idea came sort of from there. I had seen this old trend where people would film a video about their lives through drawings, trend is called “Draw My Life”, so what I wanted to do and how I wanted to make it work from this project was to film a “Draw My CCR” where I would sit down and do a voiceover over video of me drawing out the whole process and answering the questions through pictures. I haven't really worked out the logistics of how this would work and how I would film it but I think it could be a really fun thing to do. As always I will keep you updated and let you know more on my next blog, this is all for now thank you for tuning in.

Image result for draw my life



Image result for draw my life




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...