Friday, March 27, 2020

Week 7 pt2

          Hello, so as you may or may not have seen, I posted a Blog yesterday starting to talk about my CCR and what it entails. I discussed how I wanted to talk about my CCR my blog and how I will be dividing it up into three blogs. Yesterday's blog was all about the CCR and what it means and today's blog will talk about the actual context of the CCR and what I plan to write in it. My plan had always been to create a sort of script or guide that would help me when I start filming and allow me to have a more organized CCR. As I discussed yesterday, there are four questions that I am required to answer and today I wanted to talk a little bit about my response to those questions and how I plan to answer.

How did we challenge conventions and represent social groups or issues within our film opening?

         When I had originally started planning for this project, some of you may remember that I was working alone and planning on working with the romance genre. however, when Isabella and I made the decision to work together we had decided to step away from the romance genre and really work with the drama genre. This decision wasn't a hard one due to the fact that Isabella had a lot of research within the genre and our ideas seemed to work better with the conventions of this genre. In week 2 of this project, I wrote a Blog all about this switch and our decision to start working together and I really based my knowledge of the genre from Isabella's knowledge. She and I really discussed what she had come up with through her research and started to look into further researching the genre and the conventions of it as well as target audience and other characteristics we felt that were necessary for this genre. Within my CCR, I plan to discuss some of the drama conventions that we researched as well as include some sources where we got this information from. With the main part of this question being how we did or did not challenge the conventions of the genre, I really want to focus this part on the fact that One of the main points of those drama genres is to focus on conflict and realistic struggles. I feel like with our film opening we really did focus on conflict and a realistic struggle like for example a single parent having to deal with racing a child on his own when he has no idea what he's doing or how to even take care of himself. This means that we really stayed within the conventions of our genre and really followed what the main points of the genre usually are. This is one of the things that I really want to focus on on this part of the question, like I said I want to write a sort of script or guideline that will help me narrow down my ideas and really stay organized when filming the CCR but, this is how I basically want to answer this first question.

How our film opening engages our audience and how we plan to distribute it in real media text?

          As I stated above, one of the main conventions of our genre is focusing on a real struggle or conflict. This is how we are going to try to engage with our audience, through the real struggle of a family trying to survive, in this case a single parent trying to deal with the death of his wife and now having to care for his child. The climactic and anti climatic structure over film opening is what is going to keep our audience emotionally attached And keep the tension growing as our film develops. With our target audience being 13 through 25 year olds, we are engaging them by producing and developing a very relatable and dramatic plot and storyline. As far as how we plan to distribute our film, we need to keep this very realistic for a starting director. Throughout my CCR I will discuss how we can still get our film across to millions of people through a low-budget distribution platform without needing to pay millions of dollars to get our movie on the big screen. Some ways we can do this is through YouTube and our local film festivals. Within my CCR, I will discuss specific film festivals that we could potentially distribute our film in.

How our skills developed as we were producing this project?

           This is where we can talk about how we grew from the beginning of this project to the very end. I can definitely say that I went through major growth because of this project, I had to learn how to deal and be able to keep going through major setbacks and realize that not everything is going to be handed to you on a silver platter. While this may sound kind of bad, in no way is it meant like that. What I will try to get across in my CCR is that I, in no way, expected to be met with step backs like I was. In my head, I was going to create a storyboard and a script where I can put all my ideas and my vision for this project and simply turn around and start filming them to create a very successful project. That in no way was the case. As you may know through my previous blogs I have been met with step back after step back whether it is scheduling issues, unexpected travels, casting issues or even worldwide pandemics that no one saw coming. But, I can say that all of these step backs have allowed me to develop my producing skills to a way further level than I ever thought I could have. I have learned how to quickly change the schedule up to make things work for a deadline, I have learned how to rearrange a script in a matter of minutes to make it work with any casting or character issues, I have learned how to still be able to create as successful, hopefully, project that meets all of my expectations through a worldwide pandemic without leaving my house. These are the things that I will definitely discuss in my CCR in a more organized way. I definitely want to discuss my growth, my frustration, and my maturity throughout this project. This is the part of the CCR where I get to do most of my reflecting there for this is where I will discuss all the major flaws that I committed and all the major step backs that had to be taken care of.

How did we integrate technology into our project?

        This is the part of the CCR where I will have to rely a lot on my partner, only because as far as technology, most of the editing and filming of our film opening, with the exception of credits and the song, we're done by Isabella. While this is true, I feel that I can talk about how we went about looking for the song where we had to do a lot of research on the record company that actually owned the song we wanted and how we had to find ways to get permission to use the song, I can also discuss how we integrated different fonts and colors into are credits for all our film opening. I also definitely want to discuss the camera techniques that we use and the editing platform that we will use as well as the distribution platforms that we plan on using.


        Again, this is a very short and sweet version of what I will be talking about in my CCR. I really wanted to be able to write everything down to start to get some ideas on what I actually want to say and how I want to say it. As I was writing this blog, I was making note of my answers for each question and was definitely writing the order that I want to answer the questions and the order that I want to mention certain things in, so this was definitely very helpful to do that. My next blog will be all about how I plan to film because it is proven to be kind of hard so I will definitely keep you updated on that for my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...