Sunday, March 22, 2020

Week 6 pt3

It feels like we are moving backwards...


I really don't know if I can take another step-back or delay in this project. When it was first announced that my final project for this class was going to be creating and directing my very own film opening, of course I was super nervous and scared, but I was also really excited to, for the first time, put what I had learned in a classroom to real use and practice. After going through the immense amount of work and stress that were the last two projects, a movie pitch and a music video, and still coming out with two very successful projects, I knew that I would be fine and that I had to let myself have a lot of fun with this project. Also, this was (hopefully still is) the last project that I would be participating in for high school, as my graduation was soon after the deadline for this project. But, we all know that this excitement and motivation left as soon as it came. It seemed that soon after we started working on this project we started to get hit with step-back after step-back. Whether it was our schedules constantly changing, having to stop filming for traveling, not getting permission to use the song we had planned everything around, our actors telling use that they were moving to another state when we are already half way through filming, or the Coronavirus now putting a full stop on filming. I know that most if not all students right now are feeling frustrated and unmotivated, so I am not just sitting here making this about myself, it just a really weird and annoying situation and all I really want is for things to go back to normal. It is really hard to stay motivated to create in times like this. We had a video conference with our teacher not too long ago where we were told that we need to keep working and find ways to work around this, which I understand that she has to help us keep calm and not freak out, but to be honest I really have no idea how we are expected to do this. We were given 8 weeks to complete this project and for the past 6 weeks we have been working hard almost everyday in researching the ins and outs of our genre, creating blog post after blog post talking about the scripts we created, the mood boards for our characters, our set design, costume design, storyboards we made, and some of us even posting about actual props that we made form scratch. Now we are being told, with just 2 weeks left in the project, that if we are unable to continue filming to just either modify your opening or create an entirely new one. It is really hard to create a well produced, well thought-out project that looks like it took a lot of time and effort, when we know have to regroup and try to scramble together what we can without even being able to leave our homes. To finish off because I feel like I have been ranting on for way too long now, I want to make it absolutely clear that I in no way shape or form, put blame on ANYONE for what we are being told to do with our projects. I understand that no one really knows what is going on and that everyone is just trying their best to come up with a solution for everything. This situation is hard for everyone and I am just lucky enough to have a platform like this one where I can express what I am feeling with no fear of judgment. Isa and I will continue to try and come up with ways that we can either film or edit to make this opening make sense and finally finish filming. This is supposed to happen today Sunday 3/22, but I will keep you updated on what we decide and were able to do. As far as my CCR, this has had to be pushed back even further until we are finished with filming. Thank you for letting me rant and I promise to try and make my next post purely based on the updates of our project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...