Thursday, March 19, 2020

Week 6 pt1

Hello hello, so we meet again... This is all seems very surreal and feels like we living in this weird post-apocalyptic world. We are now in day 4 of self distancing and i'm pretty sure I have gone completely crazy, but enough about me, lets get into this project shall we. Ok so a couple weeks ago I had wrote about the fact the we were probably not going to be able to use the song that we originally wanted, Butterfly Fly Away, due to copy right issues and that I was going to keep you updated on what our plan and new course of action would be. So, heres that update. It turns out that Disney, the company that currently owns the song, never even responded to our request to use the song therefor we had to keep searching for new songs that could replace that one. This was quite heartbreaking as this song had a beautiful meaning that was really going to play well with our whole theme of incorporating contrasting messages within our film opening. As you may know, we wanted to use the meaning of the song to make our audience thing that Avaley and Damien have this beautiful 'father-daughter' relationship, when in reality they don't. When looking for a new song we not only had that obstacle of finding something that had that same effect, but we also had a time constraint. We knew that we couldn't spend weeks trying to find a new song and asking for permission to use it as we have a due date to meet, so we figured that using copyright free music was our best bet. When tasked with is, what we were looking for was a song that had a happy and innocent vibe to it in order to fit in with our storyline and I really think that we have found it. The song song that we have now, although it is not completely certain that that's the one we will use, has this 'country' vibe to it and its pretty upbeat and happy, so I really think that it could work. The best part, however, about this song is that it is completely copyright free, so we don't have to wait for any record company to give us the go ahead. I will definitely keep you updated on this and make changes where necessary, but for now this is what we have.
*update I tried posting the song but it is not letting me, I will keep trying and will keep updating the blog*






No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...