Sunday, March 8, 2020

Week 4 pt4

Butterfly Fly Away...

THERE'S NO NEED TO PANIC! uh yeah said nobody ever, there is definitely a need to panic and that moment is right now. Ok let me explain, so a couple weeks ago I got on here and I wrote about the fact that we had gotten in communication with Disney asking them for permission to use their song "Butterfly Fly Away". What I failed to mention, however, was that when we wrote that email we were warned that it might take up to 6 weeks to even get a response from them and as you can tell by obnoxious use of capital letters to express my panic, WE HAVE'NT HEARD BACK FROM THEM. This is actually a problem because as if you have been keeping up with these blogs, you know that this song is one of the most important parts of our film opening, and yes, we realize that we probably should not of have put all of our card in one table, but now is not the time to point fingers. While the obvious solution to this problem is to simply just find another song, we have to realize what that implies. Looking for another song not only implies being able to find a song that has the same message behind it as the one we originally wanted to use, but it also implies having to ask another record company for permission which might put us back in the same position we are now in. Fear not, however, as I have/ will continue to spend the whole day today finding alternative song options for us and sending as many emails as I can to try to get permission to use these songs. For now I will leave you with a link to our original song, "Butterfly Fly Away" and maybe just maybe it will help me get the go ahead from Disney that I need.












No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...