Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Week 4 pt1

Group Meetings

Today in class, we had the opportunity of sitting down with our class-mates to discuss our ideas, progress, thoughts, and bounce ideas off of each other. We sat down in groups of 6 and went around the table to share our vision. This was really helpful and useful as I found that as I was sharing and explaining my idea to my group, it made me realize of the extra "fluf" that I had in my storyline. Ok let me explain, so as Isabela and I started creating and developing our idea and vision, it was very easy for us to get lost in our ideas and what we thought we wanted our film opening to look like. So, what I mean by 'helping us get rid of the extra fluf' is that they helped us get away from shots and dialogue that where distracting from our main point and message that we are trying to get across. Some of the ideas that I got were actually really helpful and will definitely be part of our project. One of the people in the group talked about including a contrasting color theme. For example, having the daughter wear light pinks, whites, and light yellows and the father wear dark colors such as dark grey, blacks, and dark blues. Another idea that they gave me was start looking for alternative songs that would still portray or foreshadow to the relationship that Avaley wishes that she could have with her father as there may be a possibility of not receiving rights to the song. This is actually something really important that we need to get done as we didn't really think of the possibility of not getting the rights to the song in time. Something else really important that we discussed was mise en scene. The group thought that it was a good idea we continue to sort of play with the idea of contrasting characteristics between the father ad the daughter. For example, they thought that it was a good idea to have Avaley's room be very neat, tidy and very girly and have the living-room be very dark and messy with things being all over the place to demonstrate the aspect of the missing mother/female figure. Overall, I would say that these meetings not only really helped me to get better organized with my ideas and what '"route" I want to take, but they also really got me excited again to be able to see the final product and see all that we were able to achieve. I will leave the blog here today, but I super excited to be able to start showing more and more of the behind the scenes of what we have been doing and what we will do as we go into filming this week. 

Inspo for Avaley's father's clothing

Inspo for Avaley's clothing

Ideas for Avaley's room

Ideas for living room




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...