Monday, April 6, 2020

The end is near. Week 9 pt 1

This is a very bitter sweet and emotional moment for me, I really can't believe that we are finally here. This is bittersweet because I am extremely happy that I was able to get to this point and actually finish the entirety of the project but I'm pretty sad because this is the last project that I will be doing for a high school class so it's emotional because it's over. If you didn't know, today was the day that we were actually supposed to submit and finish this project but obviously things have changed and Cambridge has altered the due date for April 12th, that means that next Monday I will be submitting my project. When we found out that Cambridge had extended our due date I actually tried to stay within my schedule timeline meaning that I would be finished by April 6th. The reason that I did this was because I had worked really hard on the schedule and I knew that if I were to change it now and extend or prolong my filming days it was just going to be harder for me later on, that means that last weekend all I did was work on my CCR. I know I already uploaded 3 blogs last weekend all about what I did and how the process went about but, to break it down even further I'm going to explain what each filming day entailed. Friday was when I started working on the CCR. I already had the idea of what I wanted to do but I hadn't written a script yet or figured out how and where I was going to film, so I still had a lot to figure out. I dedicated this day to finding a location in my house where I could sit down and film this video while still having good lighting and have a place where I could put my phone. Like I explained on my blog on Friday, I figured out that the best location for filming this was going to be my in living room. I propped my phone using a coffee table and actually used the floor instead of a table for the drawings. Next I had to figure out a system that worked for me when filming. I had never filmed a video like this before so I had to figure out what worked and what didn't. I finally found a good system of filming and editing that worked for me and by the end of Friday I think I had a good 30 seconds of edited film. On Saturday I had set a schedule for myself so that I can work as efficiently as possible. Per my schedule, by the end of Saturday I have to produce at least five minutes of edited film. While 5 minutes sounds like nothing this took me the whole entire day. Last but not least, Sunday I had scheduled myself to work on the last 5 minutes of the CCR. I again spent the whole entire day working on the video. By the end of Sunday I had finished the CCR right on schedule. If you didn't see the blog post that I did on Sunday, one of the things that I was really worried about for the CCR was not being able to stay within 10 minutes but, much to my surprise, I was able to get my CCR to be 10 minutes and 26 seconds. Right when I finished, I was looking back through the footage and making sure that everything was correct which allowed me to really reflect on the whole entire process, I know that I have just created a whole video where I literally only reflect on the process but, this just made me realize how proud I am of myself. When I was looking back I realized that at the beginning I was really really scared, even just at the beginning of filming my CCR, I kept on doubting myself and kept telling myself that I wasn't going to be able to do it but here we are now with a fully finished film opening and CCR. Even though it may not be the best thing that has ever been produced, I'm simply proud that I was able to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. The countdown has really started now, I am just two blogs away from posting our film opening and I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I didn't think that this project could be so emotional but for some reason it is, maybe it’s the quarantine, or maybe it's the fact that I am graduating high school in 45 days and I just finished the last project that I ever do for a high school class, who knows. I would like to post a few seconds of what my CCR looks like and give you guys a sneak peak, so I will try to do this in this blog. I also want to leave you with a song that really captivates the vibe of what I am feeling right now. As always, thank you for listening and letting me express my emotions. I will see you on my next blog!

                                


                               





No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...