Thursday, February 20, 2020

(Week two, part 2) Did a full 180...

Did a full 180...

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! I have made life altering decisions that will completely change the outcome of this project. Ok ok I might be exaggerating just a little bit, but this is an absolute cause for celebration. For the past 2 weeks, I have been struggling to even get some plot ideas for my movie opening, but I am proud to say that this is no longer the case. By some miracle, my AICE Media teacher informed the class today that if we are working alone in the project and would like to work with a partner, we could do so. This for me was a hail Mary because like I said I truly was very lost in what exactly it was that I wanted to do. 

Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends


See my new partner, Isabella Gonzalez and I worked very well together as we have done most, if not all, of the previous AICE Media projects together. We know our strengths and our weaknesses, and this only makes the team that much stronger. Within 5 minutes of us two sitting down and putting our ideas together we were able to come up with a storyline for our movie, figure out the type of characters that we want and come up with a general idea of how we want them to look. With this, came the decision to step away from the romance genre and verge into the drama genre. Luckily, Isabela had a lot of research on this genre as it was the one that she had originally posted. Isabella and I created a google calendar were we will be posting our blog post schedule, shooting schedule, and any other scheduling that we made need to make. 
Google Calendar 
For our storyline, we wanted to create a story revolving around a little girl dealing with a tragic life event who is living with her single father who is not supportive at all. Some films that we will be using to further research our ideas, include I am Sam (Jessie Nelson, 2001), and The Pursuit of Happiness (Gabriele Muccino, 2006). 

                  Image result for i am sam                      Image result for pursuit of happiness



I am really exited for what this change entails as I know that Isabella and I can deliver outstanding results. In my next blog I will be giving detailed explanations of our ideas and further expanding on our characters and genre. Until then I will leave your with a picture of Isabella and I when we found out the we could work together on the project. 

(Left) Isabella Gonzalez (Right) Ana Larez



















No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we must part...

As I say my last goodbyes, I want to thank everyone and anyone who to the time to actually read any of my blogs, even if it was just one. I ...